Tech One Swift

Tech One Swift
Tech One Swift

Friday, September 3, 2010

Slow and Painful week

Weather has not been good for flying the last couple of weeks. Wind and rain has limited my flying time. Then I went and dropped my DX6I radio this week and put it out of commission.

Still doing a limited amount of flying using a 2.4 GHz radio that came with a EDF jet purchased recently. Limited in the fact that this radio seems to have a mind of its own every now and then. It was responsible for the demise of the JeTiger and has tried to eliminate my scratch built foamies a couple of times. They were better handling so I was able to save them before hitting the ground. I'll take a prop pusher over an EDF jet everytime when it comes to using thrust to overcome gravity.

On a more positive note, I have completed all the changes to the MegaJet II. When I get my DX6I repaired I will take it out. I was able to put a 9X6 prop on it and still have over a 1 to 1 thrust ratio. It also dropped the watts down to around 450 which is good. Motor sounds like it is producing higher rpms so I should be able to get a little more speed. Hope the airframe can handle it since I used a limited amount of carbon fiber on the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment