Tech One Swift

Tech One Swift
Tech One Swift

Friday, December 3, 2010

XF-18 Supersized

Well I finished my latest foam board jet project yesterday and maiden the XF-18 this afternoon. Basically it is a slightly modified Parkjet.com F-18 that I have blown up to about 150%.

It has a 41" wingspan and is about 61" in length. I am using a Turnigy 3648 motor with 1450KV, 60 amp Exceed Volcano ESC and a 2200 4S 30C battery. Currently I have a 7X6 TGS prop on it which makes it pull about 55 amps. This set up gives it a 1:1 power ratio using about 3/4 throttle.

Using just elevons it does extremely tight loops but roll rate is smooth but slow. I will probably add ailerons in the future. Now that it has successfully flown I will either go up to a 5S battery or go to a 8X6 prop to get some addition speed and thrust. Either change will require at least an 80 amp esc. I need to take it slow since the only reinforcement to the foam is a single 3mm carbon fiber ribbon to stop wing flexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment